Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Devotional for week of Sept 29 from Dawn Darwin Weaks

Mark 4:26-27   "Jesus also said, 'The kingdom of God is as if someone would scatter seed on the ground, 27 and would sleep and rise night and day, and the seed would sprout and grow, he does not know how. '"

Lately I'm giving up trying to figure out how prayer works, or even so much wondering what to pray for. It's seems like it's the pure putting in of time that's important over the long haul. I don't really know how praying about the Indy assembly will work, or really even what we should pray for. But could we just be faithful to scatter some prayer seeds? My time to pray for GA is at 2:09pm. I've made it about 3 days a week so far. I'm aiming to inch that up to 5 days a week.

Is GA on your prayer list? Let's just check it off, chuck out the seeds, put in the moments. Then go about our regular lives.

I will meet you on the last day of Assembly at the closest place serving Shiner Bock after the last worship service. Then we'll look over Assembly and see- did our prayers grow a deeply-rooted movement for God to freely work among us?

If so, you and I can scratch our heads and laugh with Jesus-- "How did that happen?!"

1 comment:

closet_inseminator said...

Who is Guido and might we have a profile of you?